Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Crying over spilled milk.

Last Tuesday I got into an accident. I didn't think it was that bad, I mean, I wasn't even seriously injured (thank God). I got a black eye, a few bruises and a bump on my forehead. I thought my car would survive like me, a bruised headlamp, a few scrapes and a bump on my front bumper...but...it didn't.

My insurance called today and said that the repairs would cost about $14,500, which in Allstate's terms means, yer car is a total loss. =(

I wasn't even that excited about my car when I bought it in September of '07. I was just happy it had GPS. But, when I heard the news today, I cried.

I miss my white scion xd, with its fabulous GPS, its radio controls on the steering wheel, the ipod jack that I had yet to christen, but most of all, I miss the musky disgusting mildwey smell that lingered after I spilled some milk in the back seat. It's strange, I know, but it was my car, my very own car that I was paying for with my own money.

and now, it's dead. I feel bad looking at other cars and considering them. I only want the same exact car with the same exact options and I'm even considering spilling some milk in the back seat. It could be worse, but, just right now, at 10:12pm, it feels pretty rotten. Like rotten milk.

1 comment:

Antonio Pacheco said...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/bik/769430981.html

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/bik/769405520.html

wayyy cheaper than 14Gs.

i added your blog to my blogroll.