Saturday, January 31, 2009

Big and Little

Every year on my birthday, I have a little chart and I write about different things in my life, ie travels, accomplishments, traumatic events, career etc. Last year, on my 26th birthday, I realized that during my 25th year, I did little but work and read. The year before, I graduated college, traveled all over Asia..basically a lot more stuff.

This really depressed me actually. I felt like I was in limbo. Too old to be irresponsibly traveling and bouncing around doing whatever I please, and too young to be working every minute and being so serious. This coupled with the fact that many of my friends are on very different sides of the spectrum really led me on a whirlwind of not knowing what the heck to do with myself.

Basically, I needed to feel like I was doing something with myself. Enter....Big Bros and Big Sis program of Los Angeles. I had always wanted to volunteer for this program, but never really had the time for it. I applied for this program that matches you with a kid that for one reason or another needs a mentor, or just someone to hang out with. They do SUPER extensive research on people just to make sure that you are a good match.

This is my Little. Her name is Emmely. She's super awesome, super smart and super special. Today we played with photobooth.


We went to see the Eiffel Tower.

Went to the moon and experienced zero-gravity.

Got on a rollercoaster.

Saw a waterfall.
And took a nap in the clouds.

What a DAY! We ended the day by watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!

She and I are making our own joint blog, but I can't really make that public since the program is super strict and I'm not sure how they'd feel about that....

No comments: