Thursday, July 5, 2007

Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge



Dave and I separated from the group for a day and flew to Phnom Penh, Cambodia while everyone else went straight to Siem Reap to the north of Cambodia. I really only have a minute to blog, but i'll go further into the deep impact that Cambodia has made on me.

All these images were taken from Cheung Euk killing fields and the Teul Sleng Museum, both of which are actual locations where the attrocities commited by Pol Pot and his Khemer Rouge killing machine regime.

We in the United States often forget that other peoples suffered genocide. This reality punched me in the face after going to Vietnam and seeing the results of the Vietnam war, and then going to Cambodia and seeign this. I thought about how lucky i was that the Philippines never went through that kind of trauma.


teeth and clothing that are still burried in the earth.







No comments: