Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Homeland wedding!

So fast forward a few years. I'm too late to catch up the rest of my europe trip...basically my sisters and niece and mom followed. i went to belgium and germany and italy. ok another time..buuuuut...

i actually had a stopover in taipei, but it was too much effort.

Pearl Farm, Davao. For those who don't know, Davao is in Mindanao. There are 3 major islands in the Philippines (there are actually like 7,100, but there are 3 main ones) Luzon at the North, Visayas in the middle and Mindanao in th every South. The very south (is North, South, East and West capitalized? i dont know) is predominantly Muslim (Mindanao is Muslim) and they've been trying to get their independance from the rest of the country, so sometimes, they do so in violent ways...not to mention Osama Bin Laden has one of his wives living in the south. Anyway, why is this relevant? My older sister, Cathy had her wedding there this past weekend. It was stunning. gosh, my family keeps topping each other when it comes to weddings...i've decided mine will be in India. start saving up peeps.


So we took a flight from Manila to Davao...

Sam and Martine...i can't tell who has a more womanly figure...Sam is my niece...and she has just recently blossomed into this like woman girl, its so strange. she's only turning 11!
Xavier (pronounced Have-ee-yer), my nephew, when we landed at Pearl Farm Resort.



And this is Amelia, my niece that i just met...thats my hat she's wearing. unfortunately less than an hour after this picture was taken, that hat blew off my head and into the pacific ocean.


loading the boat.



oh my hat. it was a 1 hour boat ride to the island resort...i was scared i'd get seasick.


thats denise, my sister who lives in jakarta (indonesia peeps)


on top of the boat...Amelia was giving us a little dance routine and it made the hour go by much faster.


i lost my hat. =(



on the island...from the left, my sister Cathy (the bride), mama dearest, and my sister Martine. We were walking to our villas....there are 7 villas each tucked away in the forest...some with the ocean as their view, and others jungle...it was amazing.i miss my hat.



our villa was EFFING FAR!

Cocktail Partay!!!



Amelia and I collected giant leaves for everyone to use as fans.


and then we drew on the floor..she was my cocktail party date.

Le Wedding!!!







my sisters. some of them at least.


immediate family of the bride. i'll draw the chart and post it another time. its too complicated to try to explain at 2am Manila time.





it was so hot, we went back to our room and changed.


Day After...



proof that i can get a little color!



I'll post more about this weekend. we actually went scuba diving and stuff but i still have to get the photos from the underwater camera developed and junk..and draw the chart of the family and post the videos...so stay tuned.































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
You might not remember me. I was part o the TAG Gallery show here in LA. You were working for the Ryman Prog. When I heard that you were moving. I was a little sad. I can see you are doing great and having fun with your family. I never had a chance to talk to you more. I heard that you moved to the filliphines for good. Congrats! :-(
Take care,
always the best
I hope to see you some day in the future...
Dalton

KarenB said...

hey yeastee ..ooo how exciting! your first blog! How beautiful your family is! And that hat was wonderous! but im sad too that you lost it!!

keep blogging elephant one.

tata your kissing buddy. HAHAHAHAHHA